From Atlanta, Charlotte, Asheville, Greensboro, and points Southwest
1) Take I-85 North/ I-40 East to exit 148 for Route 54.
2) Take Route 54 East towards Chapel Hill.
3) After ~ 23 miles, take a right onto Jones Ferry Road exit.
4) At the bottom of the exit ramp, make a left.
5) Go through 4 traffic lights, then across RR tracks.
6) The club will be on the right in a shopping center w/ Blue Awnings.
From Washington, Richmond, and Points North
1) Take I-85 South towards Durham
2) Just after the Guess Road and then Hillandale Road exits is an exit on the left for 15-501 South (EXIT 174-B). Take that exit.
3) Follow that ~ 4 miles, then bear to the right, following 15-501 towards Chapel Hill.
4) After about a dozen traffic lights, be on the lookout for a fork off to the right for Franklin Street / Downtown Chapel Hill. The fork should be ~ 2 miles after you cross over Interstate 40.
5) Once on Franklin Street, follow it for 4 miles up into and then through the center of town. Franklin will become Main Street after a sharp curve to the right and back left. You’ll see a KFC on the right, and Cat’s Cradle will be on the left about 1/2 block later. If you reach the Railroad tracks, you’ve gone too far.
From Raleigh, Greenville, Wilmington, and Points East / South
1) Take I-40 West, exiting for Route 15-501 (Exit 270).
2) At the top of the ramp, make a left heading South towards Chapel Hill.
3) Split-off exit for Franklin Street should be no more than 2 miles on the right after that turn.
4) Once on Franklin Street, follow it for 4 miles up into and then through the center of town. Franklin will become Main Street after a sharp curve to the right and back left. You’ll see a KFC on the right, and Cat’s Cradle will be on the left about 1/2 block later. If you reach the Railroad tracks, you’ve gone too far.
To Find/ Enter Cat’s Cradle
The patron entrances for both Cat’s Cradle venues are located in the rearof the shopping plaza that is anchored by the Artscenter on one end, and by Cat’sCradle at the opposite end.
To reach our entrances, proceed around to the back of the building, from The ArtsCenter (east) side, and walk down the back alleyway. You will see signage behind the building — facing the bike path and old Carrboro Cemetery — for the Cat’s Cradle and Cat’s Cradle back room.
There is convenient FREE town parking in the deck located beside the Hampton Inn Hotel directly to the east of the ArtsCenter/Cat’s Cradle plaza. The entrances for the Cat’s Cradle venues are an easy walk from this deck, straight down the back alleyway behind the ArtsCenter/Cat’s Cradle plaza. You may also park in any other town parking lots in the Carrboro area.
For more information, please call the Cat’s Cradle at 919-967-9053. The best hours to call us are between 2 pm and 7:30 pm on event days.